Monday 18 February 2013

(INCOMPLETE) PART 1 121022-121030 2nd Korea Trip


DISCLAIMER: SORRY I COULDN'T LOCATE MY OLD PICS SO I DECIDED TO END MY POST HERE I'M SO SORRY


All thanks to my sleepless night haha! Oh and thanks KTO Malaysia!
FYI, I won a return ticket to Korea as I was picked as the grand winner of Visit Korea blogging contest.

AUTUMN TOOK MY BREATH AWAY THE VIEW WAS SO MAGNIFICENT THE EARTHY COLOURS THE FALLEN LEAVES THE SLIGHTLY COOL WEATHER..SUBHANALLAH

This time I had quite a long stay; 9 days to be exact. I brought along my baby sis, Hazirah!
*Parents insisted me to have a travelling companion*
I've decided to split my post up into 3 parts so I'd have time to put much effort into each post.
Yay?

Itinerary
Day 1: LCCT Sepang-Incheon-Gimpo-Yeouido
Day 2: Yeouido Park-Namdaemun Market-Myeongdong-N.Seoul Tower-Itaewon-KBS building
Day 3: KBS building-Gangnam Crebeau Bell-Gangnam McKiss-Time Out Gelato-SM Ent building-Omokgyo-E Mart
Day 4: Gwanghamun Square-Gwanghamun Palace-Kyobo Book Centre-Ewha street
Day 5: Namdaemun-Myeongdong
Day 6: COEX Mall-Jamsil Crebeau Jeff-Kona Beans
Day 7: Nami Island-Hongdae Hello Kitty cafe
Day 8: Lotte World-Myeongdong
Day 9: Incheon-LCCT Sepang

Day 1 Monday. I had absolutely no idea why I picked Mon of all the days. Last Korea trip, I flew on Monday too. Checked in our 'overweight' luggage but I had to take my jumper, a towel and an empty bottles out of the luggage and voila! 3kgs gone -__-
7 long hours, we reached Incheon safe and sound! Oho~someone's excited~~~Zirah
(it's her 1 st ever overseas' trip).
The immigration was nothing in particular..do bear in mind PIC AND RECORDING ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE AREA. I was perplexed at how the workers handled things, since there're long queues at the immigration counters......new ones would be opened right away

X___X Dear LCCT, please take note on how Koreans do their work!


I took the subway this time (more $$ to spare for shopping/food) instead of taking the limousine bus. From Incheon aiport, we headed to Exit 5 that led us to airport railway.

Koreans and their smart phones....I couldn't use my phone as the wifi was password protected.

The subway ride was less than W4000 (RM 12). FYI the limousine bus was W10,000 (RM30). Those who prefer comfort and carry big luggage, please ride the aiport bus. We took Line 5 (Purple) from Incheon all the way to Gimpo and then transferred to Line 5 Yeouido
*It was roughly 70 min from Incheon to Yeouido.*

 Look at that cute, mini pass-through! Provided especially for little kids! 


We stopped by a convenience store on our way to Exit 2. For first-timers, do try the banana flavour milk. It's sweet and tasted like banana smoothie! This Binggrae banana milk->W1,100 (?) (RM3).

Zirah and her banana milk. Oh-so-fresh!

Stood in front of the underground passage (subway station)

It was freaking chilly!
Zirah roamed around the area, trying to get familiar with the neighborhood. Amidst the darkness, I saw two persons approached me from the opposite direction. Kak Ayu and Zirah!
Kak Ayu is a friend of mine whom I met back in Jan, I stayed at her apartment once~
She was transferred to Korea for a year due to work (however she's back in KL as we speak).
Thanks to her, we're able to have a place to stay! 감사합니다 언니!


Love Marriott! Thanks for the lovely stay. Love the lift; went up to 11th floor merely in 30 secs! COOL!

Day 2 Tuesday. Kak Ayu had long gone to work by the time we woke up.
I packed some sandwiches thinking we could have our breakfast at Yeouido park.
It was a baaaaaaadddd  idea---fingers went numb, it's too windy outside so we had to gobble the sandwiches down in four bites...!
But the view at the park was extremely pleasing, though!!!
Ahhhh I LOVE AUTUMN!

Tracks provided for pedestrians and cycling.


We then crossed the hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee road (apparently there were like 11 lanes!) and we made it safe to the underground passage; Exit 6. LOL.

To Namdaemun Market from Yeouido, there are 2 options:
1) by Rapid subway (less stops hence less time consuming, fare is more than of those normal trains; I'm not so sure how it actually works and the train's frequency, sorry~)
2) by normal train

On our way ~

We walked into a rapid train by accident LOL let's just say we worked up a sweat re-adjusting our map and phew~finally arrived at Hoehyeon station..haha!

In front of Namdaemun Market. Spot those big rainbow umbrellas.

Namdaemun is placed 2nd after Myeongdong in term of my fav shopping places :P

Some might find Namdaemun Market (NM) offers inexpensive goods and some don't. 
If you're looking for vast variety of traditional and local souvenirs for family and friends, this is the place. 
As for me NM is where I could bring back 3-for-W10,000-I-Love-Korea t-shirts, key chains, colourful fridge magnets, comfy pajamas, chopsticks set and many other little things.
Just put on a hearty smile and bargain your way through! "Sajang-nim, discount juseyo"


From NM, it's only a stone's throw away of the bustling Myeongdong. Follow the sign boards (and the pedestrians), cross the roads, pass by some stores/buildings and Myeongdong would be in front of you. 

One of the many underground passage's exits to Myeongdong.

Lotteria.

We had lunch at Lotteria, ordered 2 sets of shrimp burger (fries+cola). It was satisfying T___T we had a short break in here, as I jotted down the things-to-buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment